OREGON MEDICAL MARIJUANA PROGRAM
- Cardholder application and annual renewal fee: $200
- Reduced application and annual renewal fee for persons receiving SNAP (food stamp) and for OHP cardholders: $100
- Reduced application and annual renewal fee for persons receiving SSI benefits: $20
- Fee for replacement registry cards: $100 ($20 for those patients who qualify for the $20 reduced application fee)
- Grow site registration fee on applications where the patient is not his or her own grower: $50
New fees apply to new applications and replacement card requests post-marked on or after 10/1/2011 and to renewal applications for cards that expire on or after 10/1/2011.
OREGON MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD
In order to receive full legal protections of the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act (OMMA), qualified medical marijuana patients must register with the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP). The application fee is $200; however the fee is reduced to $100 for patients on the Oregon Health Plan (OHP) or monthly Food Stamp benefits, or $20 for those receiving monthly Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
HOW TO OBTAIN A MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD IN OREGON
- Obtain a signed Physician’s Statement from a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) currently licensed to practice medicine in Oregon under Oregon Revised Statute Chapter 677. You can find a qualified medical marijuana doctor in Oregon here.
- Complete and sign an OMMP Application Form.
- Pay an application fee via check or money order in the amount of $200 payable to “OMMP” or “DHS/State of Oregon.” The fee is reduced to $100 for patients on the Oregon Health Plan (OHP) or monthly Food Stamp benefits, or $20 for those receiving monthly Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Provide a clear, legible copy of your current Oregon photo ID card, or a current photo and a copy of your Oregon voter’s registration card, to show that you are an Oregon resident. If the information or expiration date on the front of your ID is not current, copy the back of the card if the back shows that it is current.
- If you are under age 18, your parent or guardian must complete the OMMP - Declaration of Person Responsible for a Minor form and complete Part B of the Application Form as a primary caregiver. This form must be notarized.
- Mail all of the above to:
PO BOX 14450
Portland, OR 97293-0450
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA IN OREGON
- You must be a US citizen. You do not have to be an Oregon resident. Oregon allows patients from all states to qualify for medical marijuana.
- Obtain a copy of your medical records indicating diagnosis of a qualifying condition, as listed below. Learn how to request your medical records and remember to bring these records with you to your marijuana evaluation appointment.
- Obtain written certification from a doctor of medicine (MD) or doctor of osteopathy (DO), licensed in the state of Oregon that that you are a qualifying patient. You can find a qualified medical marijuana physician in Oregon here.
- Register with and receive a registry identification card (aka medical marijuana card) from the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program. Currently, residents of any state are permitted to register with the OMMP.